Interesting places I have found in Mississippi and the South East area of the country.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cypress Swamp

I finally am getting back to my blog.  I found that the blog was not a good way to show a lot of pictures.  I have though found that using Picasa is fairly easy to do and I can disseminate a lot of pictures in a relatively short time.  So if anyone out their wants to look at a lot of pictures from Mississippi, Tennessee and Alabama plus a few other states please follow the url at the bottom of this post.  I will eventually put it in the sidebar but right now there is no gadget that works properly for viewing Picasa pictures.

Here now is a couple of pictures from the Cypress Swamp album and these were taken just last week.
 The swamp itself is on the Natchez Trace Parkway about twenty miles north of Jackson, MS.  It is just off of the Pearl River and at the upper end of a large lake which has up to fifteen foot alligators in it.
 Supposedly their is an alligator in this swamp but I have not seen it yet.  I have seen water moccasins swimming in the water.

These are cypress starting a new cycle.  Sandy says the one on the right is an indian maiden.  The short one looks like a turtle is trying to stick its head out.














For the rest of the pictures follow this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=101786227012803220284&target=ALBUM&id=5839817250563293489&authkey=Gv1sRgCPi0vvvXx9GbtwE&feat=email

No comments:

Post a Comment