Interesting places I have found in Mississippi and the South East area of the country.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Found, a really cool destination eatery!

While talking to some bikers I had the occasion to meet they mentioned a cool saloon just across the border into Alabama.  So of course I had to go try it out.










As you can see and the next photo will show it is down in a grotto cave like structure.  The trail to the right goes above the main floor area and overlooks the little valley below.








Not allowed to drive down here, the car belongs to construction workers.  Kids can eat in the saloon until they start serving alcohol.  The waitress said that in the evening on Friday and Saturday their are upwards of 500 people eating and listening to the band.







The food was excellent, although they only serve hamburgers, sandwiches and appetizers. 



I will be going back again with my better half, and enjoying the whole evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment